Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Too Bad Our Parents Name Us

During my Historical Research and Methods course (my culminating senior class, WOO HOO), I stumbled upon a curious question. What does our name say about who we are? Well, it says nothing about who we are because it more or less describes what our parents want for us. With a name like William, George, or Harold a parent could only hope for a senator, doctor, or lawyer. Those given monickers like Scott, Hunter, or perhaps Lukas are maybe hoping for an athlete of some sort. Really these are just simple observations.

If I had the opportunity to pick my name it would be:

Svetlana Yatzee

Becuase: A. Svetlana is a very pretty Russian name who could be a secretary by day and a spy at night. B. Yatzee is a fabulous last name because no one can yell Yatzee without smiling and if anyone knows me they know that I like to make people smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment